Logs are a great source of information to help us understand why certain events happen. There may also be times when you need to provide logs.
Browser console logs – Useful for error messages and some additional details
Collecting Browser Console Logs before obtaining browser logs (or console logs) from Chrome or Firefox, enable timestamps on your browser. This helps synchronize client and server timings.
To enable timestamps and preserve logs in your browser:
- From the menu bar, click View > Developer > Developer Tools.
- Click the Customize and Control Dev Tools button (3 vertical dots)
- Click Settings
- Under Preferences > Console tick the following check boxes:
- Log XML HTTPRequests
- Show timestamps
- Preserve log upon navigation
- From the menu bar click Tools > Web Developer > Toggle Tools
- Click Customize Developer Tools and Get Help
- Click Settings (The cog button)
- Tick the following checkbox:
- Enable timestamps
To collect console logs on Chrome or Firefox
- Open the Developer Tools
- Capture the necessary log information
- Depending on your browser:
- Right-click > Save as (notepad text file).
- Right-click > Select All, Right-click > Copy.
- Paste that into a text file.
- Send the text file through our customer support page