Use Secure Fetch to collect documents, including MAC times. MAC times are a form of metadata that records when files were created, modified, and accessed in the operating system.
Collecting files with metadata involve a three-step process:
- Create/Share Secure Fetch link by enabling metadata setting
- Upload the files using the Secure Fetch link
- Review the uploaded files using ‘Certificate of Authenticity.’
Create/Share Secure Fetch link with a metadata setting
- Click on the ‘NEW SECURE FETCH’ button.
- Click on the toggle switch to enable ‘Include metadata.’
- Click on ‘CREATE LINK’.
Note: AXEL Go will create a unique link to open using AXEL Go desktop app. Click here to download desktop
- Share the link.
Upload the files using Secure Fetch link
At the recipient’s end:
- Open the link on the desktop browser where you want to collect the documents with metadata.
Note: All you need is Desktop App installed – You no need to have an AXEL Go account to upload files using this Secure Fetch
- You can either click and select the files to add or Drag & Drop the files and folders you want to collect into the opened pop-up window.
- Once done, click on UPLOAD button to send the document.
Review the collected files using ‘Certificate of Authenticity’
At the owner’s end:
- Click on the Secure Fetch link with an orange boomerang icon or click on the ‘OPEN’ button to view the uploaded files
- Set expiration date and click on the ‘ACCEPT’ button to collect the files.
- From the Secure Fetch share menu, click on ‘Certificate’ to view preserved MAC times of each file along with the file hash.
- You can also download the certificate